Meeting Notice: Allen County Board of Commissioners
Per I.C. 5-14-1.5-5(c), notice is hereby given that the Allen County Board of Commissioners will hold its Legislative Sessions at 10 a.m. each Friday throughout 2018. The meetings will be held in the Council Courtroom, Suite 035, of Citizens Square, 200 East Berry Street, Fort Wayne.
Should a session be canceled, notice will be provided as soon as the information is available.
Commissioners' Legislative Session
10:00 a.m., Friday, July 20, 2018
Council Chambers Courtroom – Citizens Square
- Consider approval of the minutes of July 13, 2018.
- Update from the Department of Health and Human Services regarding federal response to opioid use.
- Consider approval of Rezoning Petition #REZ-2018-0023 to rezone 97 acres on the north side of the 6000 to 6200 blocks of Union Chapel Road from A1/Agricultural to R1/Single Family Residential for a 150-lot single family residential subdivision.
- Consider approval of Rezoning Petition #REZ-2018-0027 to rezone 115.8 acres on the south side of the 10000 to 103000 blocks of Garman Road, east of Cedar Creek Subdivision from A1/Agricultural to R1/Single Family Residential for a 120 lot single-family subdivision.
- Consider approval of Rezoning Petition #REZ-2018-0028 to rezone 19.1 acres on the south side of the 4500 block of Hursh Road, south of Greuters Suburban Addition, from A3/Estates to A1/Agricultural to allow the A1 zoning district permitted uses and development standards.
- Consider approval of Rezoning Petition #REZ-2018-0029 to rezone 123.3 acres on the south side of Union Chapel Road between Diebold Road and Parkview Plaza Drive from BTI/Business, Technology, and Industrial Park to C1/Professional Office and Personal Services for a new parking lot and to bring remaining land into consistent zoning district.
- Consider approval of Rezoning Petition #REZ-2018-0030 to rezone 0.72 acres on the south side of Liberty Mills Road and on the west side of the 5900 to 6000 blocks of Ellison Road from C2/Limited Commercial and A3/Estates to C2/Limited Commercial for a new hotel.
- Consider approval of Rezoning Petition #REZ-2018-0031 to rezone 7.3 acres on the east side of the 10500 to 10600 blocks of Bluffton Road, on the south side of West Ferguson Road, and on the west side of the 10500 to 10600 blocks of Majic Port Lane from I1/Limited Industrial to I2/General Industrial to permit the I2 uses.
- Consider approval of Change Order # 6 for Liberty Mills Road/W. County Line Road, in Allen and Whitley County’s, INDOT Contract #R-35623, LPA Project #05-210; in the Amount of $8,837.97 (Increase)
- Consider approval of Change Order #1 for Washington Center Road, Bridge #95 over Spy Run Creek, INDOT Contract #B-35987, LPA Project #0100113; in the Amount of $0.00.
- Consider approval of Change Order #2 for Washington Center Road, Bridge #95 over Spy Run Creek, INDOT Contract #B-35987, LPA Project #0100113; in the Amount of $25,676.00 (Decrease)
- Consider approval of Bid Award for Bid Ref # 09-18 for HMA Package # 4 to the lowest bidder Brooks Construction Co., Inc. for $600,684.00. a. St Joe Rd – Maplecrest Rd to 125’ SW of Mayhew Rd, Project # 0701617 b. Mayhew Rd – St Joe Rd to 1075’ South of North Clinton Street, Project # 0701717 c. Notestine Rd – St Joe Rd to Schwartz Rd, Project # 0701518
- Consider approval of Bid Award for Bid Ref # 10-18 for HMA Package # 5 to the lowest bidder Brooks Construction Co., Inc. for $1,317,576.00 a. Stellhorn Rd – Rohman Rd to Fort Wayne City Limits, Project # 0701618 b. Rohman Rd – Platter Rd to Stellhorn Rd, Project # 0701718 c. Platter Rd – Rohman Rd to Webster Rd, Project # 0701818 d. Thimlar Rd – Platter Rd to SR 37, Project # 0701918 e. Webster Rd – Platter Rd to US 24, Project # 0702018 f. Woodburn Rd – Hetrick Rd to Webster Rd, Project # 0702118
- Consider approval of Warranty Deeds for Bass Rd – Phase 2A from Thomas Rd to Hillegas Rd, Project # 1200117 a. Parcel 9 – Wittekind b. Parcel 23 – Wellington Reserve Subdivision
- Consider approval of claims submitted for payment.
- Other Business:
- Approval to waive the 2nd Reading on any matter approved today and for which it may be deemed necessary for the Legislative Session of July 20, 2018.
- Comments from the Public
- Motion to Adjourn.
Allen County does not discriminate because of disability in the admission to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The Human Resources Director has been designated to coordinate compliance with nondiscrimination requirements contained in Section 35.107 of the Department of Justice regulations. Information concerning the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the rights provided therein, and Allen County's ADA policy is available from the ADA Coordinator. Suggestions on how the County can better meet the needs of persons with disabilities may be submitted to the ADA coordinator at: Human Resources Department, 200 East Berry Street, Suite 380, Fort Wayne, IN 46802, or by phone at (260) 449-7217.